From Here to There – B. Hybels
1. Leaders move people from here to there: paint a picture of the future > passion.
Make the ‘here’ sound awful not just the ‘there’ sound wonderful….
Long before I H A D dr. MLK did many ‘we can’t stay here’ speeches
2. You need fantastic people move on:
character, competence, chemistry, culture (fit the unique environment for flourishing)
Different reactions to losing people: joy, sad, vomit… ‘you made us vomit’…
3. Mile-markets & celebrations
– vulnerability in the middle third
– refill their vision bucket
– put & celebrate mile markers
4. Whispers from God
– John 10:27
– Bible & Spirit