Problems & Tensions – A Stanley
Healthy if leveraged correctly makes you go further and faster
Some of these cannot be solved but managed
Which should and shouldn’t be solved
- Management & leadership
- Systems & flexibility
- Work & family
How do you know the difference?
1. Does it keep resurfacing? What if it does occur seasonal?
2. Mature issues on both sides?
3. Are the 2 sides interdependent?
• identify the tension
• create terminology
• inform your core
• continually give value to both sides
• don’t weigh in too heavily…
• don’t allow strong personalities to win the day
– don’t think ‘balance’ – think ‘rhythm’
Discern tensions that need to be managed vs problems to be solved