CAUSES OF CONFLICT
- Incompatibility: wrong match/annoying
- Miscommunication: said something/
- Insecurity: feel superior/inferior
- Pride: dismissive/arrogant
CASES OF CONFLICT
- Family: Job/Joseph
- Ministry: Paul & Barnabas: Acts 15: 36-41; 2 Timothy 4:36
- Work: David
CURES FOR CONFLICT
- Galatians 5:15 – provoke not
- Ephesians 4:32 – forgive
‘Forgiveness means it finally becomes unimportant that you hit back.’ Anne Lamott
- James 5:16 – pray for e.o.
- Ephesians 5:21 – submit to o.a.
- Romans 12:10 – honor o.a.
- Ephesians 4:2 – put up with o.a.
- 1 John 3:16 – Lay down your life
‘The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.’ George Bernard Shaw
- Invite God – beware of DIY
- Investigate Scripture – what does it say?
- Imitate Christ – sacrificial humble love