I came across this on another blog – http://ericcsmith.wordpress.com/2009/02/09/a-sermon-listeners-guide/
- What was the biblical text of the sermon?
- Do I better understand this passage now than I did before?
- What was the main point or main points of the sermon?
- How did this message teach me about Christ and the Gospel?
- What truths do I need to believe because of this sermon?
- What application points were made in this sermon?
- What further personal application can I make for myself?
- What actions am I called to take this week because of this sermon?
- How did this sermon rebuke me or convict me of sin?
- How did this sermon bring me joy and hope?
- What questions do I still have about the biblical text or the sermon?
- How will this message impact my praying this week?
- Was I able to receive this word with gladness and a clear conscience, or is there some sin or distraction in my life that robbed me of the joy of hearing God speak to me?