REMEMBER….the main ideas
- She was not chosen – we know-she does: 17-18
- She was ‘pushed’ into deception – reluctant accomplice?
- She was unwanted – second time: 25/30
- She was broken-hearted – clues – names: 31-34
- God sees – giving the children: 31
- God redeems – end of the story: Genesis 49:29-31
- God uses her: Judah – David – Jesus
- Look –up – faith & trust
- Look out – serving & encouraging others
QUESTIONS TO PONDER
- When treated badly how am I tempted to react?
- If God sees my hardship – what does it mean?
- How can I encourage others going through a hard time?
- In which way does Leah remind you of Jesus?
- What can I learn from Leah’s reaction?
QUOTES & STORIES
On June 17, 1966, two black men strode into the Lafayette Grill in Paterson, New Jersey, and shot three people to death. Rubin “Hurricane” Carter, a celebrated black boxer, and an acquaintance were falsely charged and wrongly convicted of the murders in a highly publicized and racially charged trial. The fiercely outspoken boxer maintained his claims of innocence and became his own jailhouse lawyer. After serving nineteen years, Carter was released. As a free man, Carter reflected on how he has responded to injustice in his life. The question invariably arises, it has before and it will again: “Rubin, are you bitter?” And in answer to that I will say, “After all that’s been said and done—the fact that the most productive years of my life, between the ages of twenty-nine and fifty, have been stolen; the fact that I was deprived of seeing my children grow up—wouldn’t you think I would have a right to be bitter? Wouldn’t anyone under those circumstances have a right to be bitter? In fact, it would be very easy to be bitter. But that has never been my nature, or my lot, to do things the easy way. If I have learned nothing else in my life, I’ve learned that bitterness only consumes the vessel that contains it. And for me to permit bitterness to control or to infect my life in any way whatsoever would be to allow those who imprisoned me to take even more than the 22 years they’ve already taken. Now that would make me an accomplice to their crime.
YOUR TURN …comments…ideas…questions