- After reconstruction – re-instruction!
- Connecting with God’s Word: attendance/attentiveness/awe
- Today – DEEP IMPACT – Encountering God’s Word
- Explanation – Understanding the Word: 7-8
- Reaction – Responding to the Word: 6l
Seek an understanding of the Bible
- read the whole Bible
- get tools: concordance, commentary
- ask questions – dialogue
- verify the context
Seek a practical application of the Bible
- What does that mean for my spending?
- What does that mean for my relationship?
- What does that mean for my character?
- What does that mean for my family life?
- What does that mean for my work place?
‘Genuine revival will always foster a high regard for Scripture.’ John Napier
“This day was to prove a turning-point. From now on, the Jews would be predominantly ‘a people of the book'” Derek Kidner
‘When you read God’s Word, you must constantly be saying to yourself, “It is talking to me, and about me.’ Soren Kierkegaard
‘Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.’ Matthew 7:24