Guidance for a Christian is best understood in the context of a relationship with God rather than a random approach (fortune telling). The decisions that we make affect our life and our faith should affect our decisions.
- God Has A Plan: Proverbs 16:9; Jeremiah 29:11; Romans 12:2
- God Promises to Guide: Ps. 32:8; 23:2,3; John 10:3,4; Luke 9:59
- We should Ask God: Is. 30:1,2; Lk. 1:38; Ps. 37:5
- Jesus is our Example: John 5:19; Luke 4:1
- Through the Bible: Psalm 119:105,130-133; 2 Timothy 3:16
- Through Prayer: 1 Samuel 23:1-5; Acts 13:1-3
- Through Common Sense + Ordinary Circumstances
- Through Supernatural Means: 1 Samuel 3:4f; Acts 11:27f; 12:7
- Through Godly Advice from Others: Proverbs 12:15; 15:22; 20:18
QUESTIONS TO PONDER & DISCUSS:
- Does it make a difference how I approach love relationships/marriage as a Christian? What role does guidance play in this?
- What should I do with my life?
- Should I follow a career or serve God full time?
- How do I know that God calls me to do something/go somewhere very specific (i.e. a mission)?
- What if I get it wrong?